Email MeMy BlogMy EbayMy Etsy

Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Vintage Violet" from the ARTFUL GATHERING Finished Project with "Mix It Up" hosted by Johanna Pierotti

Hi My Creative Friends! I finished my first class project in the Artful Gathering Event, which I'm having oh so much fun in! This is a wall hanging created with fabrics,vintage laces, doilies, fibers, jewelry findings, book covers and such. This a copy of a photo of my Mom from 1928 and I even found a single old brown alligator shoe clip on bow that she had tucked away. I even learned how to create the weave from scratch and it contains twigs of wood, rusty wire and rusty screen. All combined into a vintage looking piece to appear that it came from the past!  Hope you all like it, I would love it if you would like it on FB too!

10 comments:

Lovey said...

Marilou!!! Oh wow! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!!! Headed over to FB!

Ellen said...

Hello Marilou,

This is sooooo awesome!!!!! AMAZING!

Warm Hugs,
Ellen

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful treasure, this will be a real heirloom! Hugs, Valerie

Vicki said...

It is so beautiful, Marilou. You did a great job. Violet is lovely and this is a great tribute to her.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Love it!!

hugs,
Debbie

Red Rose Alley said...

The wall hanging is so creative, and I love old photos, especially of the ones we love. Have a beautiful week ahead.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Marilou, Your wall hanging is just beautiful. I also wanted to thank you, I received one of your tags in my Birdsong tag book. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Terri

P.S. I am now a follower to your beautiful blog!

Ivy said...

It turned out so beautiful Marilou!!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Just delightful Marilyn, so gorgeous x

Charmingdesigns said...

This is the one I wish I would have taken. But she did say she would offer it again.